Gleeditions The Tragedy of Macbeth
by William Shakespeare
For a quick overview of the components in this fee-to-access Gleedition, survey the contents below. (Disable pop-up blockers and click thumbnails to enlarge.)
Recommended Online Edition
• Professor-approved online edition
• Text based on First Folio (1623)
• Updated spelling and punctuation
• Modernization of some commonly
used word forms (e.g., ye to you)
Context/Background in Brief
(e.g., map of medieval Scotland)
• Map of medieval Scotland
• Kingship of the historical Macbeth
• Kings and wives in Gaelic society
• Family tree: King Duncan to James I
• Fact v. fiction in Macbeth (chart)
• Shakespeare's sources
• Witches in Renaissance life and letters
• Censorship in Shakespeare's England
• The Gunpowder Plot
• Performance History (a cursed play?)
• Hyperlinked index
• Table of Contents
• Search box
• Interpage links (e.g., Next Page)
Annotations for 7 Literary Elements
• Voice/Point of View
Each including subcategories
Plus images, glossary, hyperlinks between related passages, video clip(s), and, in the Individual Edition, save annotations feature.
the purposes a Gleedition serves.
Take our quick audio-video tour.
a live page with annotations.
Purchase low-cost access
to this Gleedition.